Mitten's Papercrafting

Monday, June 14, 2010

Hippity Hop

Well, my first attempt at using distress inks is here!  I used a cuttlebug folder to emboss the card front panel and then I used the foam blender tool to cover the card in the beautiful chipped sapphire distress ink.  The stamps are from "Fishy Philosophy," and "Just Wanted to Say."  I used distress ink on the "tree" too.  For some reason, I like the look of this stamp as a tree.  I think it's really underwater vegetation but nobody has to know that:-)  The ribbon here is actually light blue but it kind of turned white in the photo.

After three days of organzing my craft area, this is all I have to show today!  Happy Monday everyone and remember to get your Ippity here!!

Jennifer

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Great card! I, too, enjoy chipped sapphire.
It looks like a tree to me. Good creativity.

June 14, 2010 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Kelly Mahany said...

I think your distressed inking in the folder came out great! I like that stamp as a tree too, but I haven't used it that way yet... you are inspiring me though! I wish I would finish my scrap room cleaning project! I am dragging it out....

June 14, 2010 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Gtreat card :0)
Kate x

June 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love playing with the distress inks...so fun and love how you used them on this card Jennifer! Great colors and design!

June 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Susan B. said...

Pretty card Jennifer! Isn't it fun trying new techniques?

June 14, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Angie Blom said...

love the embossing detail .. awesome Jennifer.

June 14, 2010 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Julie Ranae said...

Well done with your distress inks! : )

June 14, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger NoraAnne said...

Great job with the distress inks! Beware, they are addictive-LOL!

June 14, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home