Mitten's Papercrafting

Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday - Friends with Flair

In honor of Black Friday, I went to Fort Worth and bought a few things at Barnes and Noble (Take Ten and Stampers Sampler).....I love these inspiration magazines!  Now I am working on my cards and some ornaments.

Here is the Christmas card - I will share the ornaments and some other cards on the next few hops (I have to make them first)...I tried embellishing it more but nothing looked right so I settled on mounting it on kraft paper and stamping the sentiment.  I am making 11 of these - I used watercolor paper, distress inks, and distress markers.  Both stamps are from the November KOTM.  Did I say how much I love all my Unity kits?!!

Make sure you stop at every blog on the hop to comment and try to win something!  Happy Holidays to all!

Jennifer

10 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

Lovely coloring of the image, Jennifer.

November 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

This turned out great! Love how you've colored this

November 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Julie Odil said...

I love how you colored the background behind the trees and accented some red color in there. Looking forward to seeing your ornaments!

November 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Angeline Choo said...

Oh how sweet! Love the watercolor effect.

November 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

Lovely card.

November 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Katie S. said...

Doing the background had a great effect! Too often I focus on the stamp instead of what is happening behind the stamp. Great card! (I love this kit too!!)

November 30, 2013 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very simply pretty! The sentiment is so perfect on this lovely little card. Thank you for sharing.

November 30, 2013 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Miwa said...

Lovely card! Love the coloring! :)

December 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Very pretty! Your colouring looks great -- isn't distress marker watercolouring awesome?

December 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Miriam Prantner said...

Love that water colored look! Great image and card!

December 2, 2013 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home